- Wooden box with metal tag that reads “NATIONAL RADIUM EMANATOR / MANUFACTURED BY AND THE PROPERTY OF / NATIONAL RADIUM PRODUCTS CO. / NEW YORK CITY.”
- Ref: Herbert Savoye, "Apparatus for Preparing Artificial Radioactive Water" U.S. Patent 1,452,709 (April 24, 1923), assigned to American Radium Appliance Company.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- radium emanator
- device for irradiating drinking water
- date made
- ca 1923-1930
- place made
- United States: New York, New York City
- overall: 29 cm x 28 m x 16 cm; 11 13/32 in x 91 7/8 ft x 6 5/16 in
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- patent number
- Credit Line
- Merril Eisenbud, M.D.
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.