- This aluminum device was designed to test the strength of hand muscles. A tag on the bottom reads “J. A. PRESTON CORP.” The J. A. Preston Corp., a firm that specialized in rehabilitation products, gave this example to the Smithsonian in 1984.
- Ref: J. A. Preston Corp., Preston Equipment for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (New York, 1968), p. 111.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- psychology coll object
- dynamometer, hand
- date made
- around 1984
- J. A. Preston Corp.
- place made
- United States: New York, New York City
- overall: 2 1/4 in x 3 5/8 in x 1 in; 5.715 cm x 9.2075 cm x 2.54 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Science & Scientific Instruments
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.