- With this demonstration dynamo, each revolution of the crank lifts the ratchet, allowing a spring to rotate the coil through 10 degrees. As the coil moves through any ten-degree interval, an E.M.F. is induced with corresponds to the mean angular displacement of the coil from its original position.
- Ref: Robert Andrews Millikan and John Mills, A Short University Course in Electricity, Sound and Light (Boston, 1908), p. 134.
- Central Scientific Co. Catalogue (Chicago, 1928).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Physical Description
- metal (overall material)
- overall: 6 1/4 in x 11 in x 5 1/2 in; 15.875 cm x 27.94 cm x 13.97 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.