- Small chisel with flat beveled point set in black wooden handle used in Japanese woodblock cutting. Residue of paper label. See illustrations GA*03209.03-.04. Item No. 4 in watercolor showing the woodblock cutter's tools.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- overall: 11.5 cm; 4 17/32 in
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of T. Tokuno, Chief of the Japanese Bureau of Engraving and Printing (Insatsukyoku), 1889-90
- See more items in
- Work and Industry: Graphic Arts
- Tokuno Gift
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.