- The indications or uses for this product as provided on its packaging:
- Salvitae promotes metabolism; uric-acid-eliminative; antacid, antirheumatic, diuretic, laxative. Used in rheumatism, gout, biliousness, constipation, toxemic headache, gravel, cystitis, and those inflammatory conditions of the urinary passages in which an alkalizing agent is required. Salvitae brings about an evacuation of the intestinal tract and thus arrests the absorption of the poisonous products of intestinal putrefaction.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- otc preparation
- overall: 7 1/4 in x 2 3/4 in; 18.415 cm x 6.985 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Gary P. and Sandra Baden
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.