- The Telex 960 hearing aid, introduced in 1956, attached to an earpiece of eyeglasses. Telex, Inc. donated this example to the Smithsonian in 1956.
- Ref: “Try The Wonderful New Eyeglass Hearing Aids,” ad in New York Times (July 1, 1956), p. X13.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- hearing aid
- overall: 5/8 in x 3 in x 1 1/4 in; 1.5875 cm x 7.62 cm x 3.175 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.