- Columbia University silk produced for the American Tobacco Company’s Murad cigarette brand.
- Like related premiums such as cards and felts, silks were collectibles available to purchasers of tobacco products. Murad’s college silks were produced in two sets in 1910.
- This example features a baseball batter.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- tobacco silk, baseball
- silk, tobacco
- tobacco silk, collegiate
- date made
- Columbia University
- Murad Cigarettes
- Physical Description
- fabric, silk (overall material)
- overall: 6 3/4 in x 5 in; 17.145 cm x 12.7 cm
- ID Number
- nonaccession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Culture and the Arts: Sport and Leisure
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.