- This is a roll of first generation AFC stickers. It has the first generation AFC logo, which is a red outlined oval with the letters “AFC” and an image of two pieces of sushi inside. Underneath the logo reads “AFC Corp. 19205 S. Laurel Park Rd. Rancho Dominiguez, CA 90220” and “For most enjoyment eat on day of purchase” written in both English and French.
- These stickers are used to seal the prepackaged sushi and mark them as AFC products. The suggestive phrase, “for most enjoyment eat on day of purchase” reminds the customer to consume the product on the day of purchase to ensure freshness, and avoid cases of food poisoning that develop from eating old raw products.
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1980s
- Physical Description
- paper (overall material)
- cardboard (overall material)
- overall: 1 5/8 in x 2 1/2 in x 1 5/8 in x 2 1/2 in; 4.0894 cm x 6.35 cm x 4.0894 cm x 6.35 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- nonaccession number
- See more items in
- Work and Industry: Asian Pacific American Business
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.