- The black apron is a short wrap-around style apron with two pockets. The apron has two adjacent pockets and a pen holder on the right side. The apron is reversible as it has the two pockets on the other side. The string on the ends are wrapped around the waist and secured with a knot at either the back or the front. The apron is long enough to reach the knee area.
- An olive green chef coat, accompanied by a black chef hat and this short black apron, has been worn by Advanced Fresh Concepts Corporation sushi chefs in Publix supermarkets starting in 2009. For reasons such as marketing strategies and store requirements, this green and black uniform emerged to differentiate itself from the original white uniform. The coat’s green double-breasted style differs from the style of the original white kimono-style chef coat, and suggests the color scheme of the supermarket they were worn in.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 2009
- place made
- United States
- Physical Description
- polyester (overall material)
- cotton (overall material)
- overall: 17 1/8 in x 20 5/8 in x 1 in; 43.4975 cm x 52.3875 cm x 2.54 cm
- part: 32 1/4 in x 1 in; 81.915 cm x 2.54 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Work and Industry: Asian Pacific American Business
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.