- A label in the lid of this case reads “GEO. TIEMANN / Manufacturer of / SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS / and / every description of / Cutlery / No. 63 Chatham Street / NEW YORK.” Tiemann was at this address from 1833 to 1863.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- pocket case
- surgical set
- George Tiemann and Company
- place made
- United States: New York, New York City
- overall: 1 in x 6 1/2 in x 2 7/8 in; 2.54 cm x 16.51 cm x 7.3025 cm
- ID Number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.