12 Poltina, Anna, Russia, 1730
1/2 Poltina, Anna, Russia, 1730
- Description (Brief)
- One (1) 1/2 poltina coin, Anna
- Russia, 1730
- Obverse Image: Bust of Anna facing right.
- Obverse Text: БМ / АННАIМПЕРАТРИЦАIСАМОДЕРЖВСЕРОСИСКАЯ [Anna the Empress and Autocrat of all Russia]
- Reverse Image: Russian Empire coat-of-arms, a double-headed eagle grasping an orb and scepter in its talons.
- Reverse Text: 1730 [Half Poltina]
- This half poltina coin was minted in 1730 during the reign of Anna Ivanovna, who took the throne after Peter II's death in 1730. Anna ruled Russia from 1730-1740.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- overall: 25.5 mm; 1 in
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Willis H. du Pont
- See more items in
- Work and Industry: National Numismatic Collection
- Russian Coins and Jetons
- Coins, Currency and Medals
- Grand Duke Georgii Mikhailovich Collection
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.