- James Edward Aiguier (1883-1977), a Philadelphia dentist, designed this head gear for supporting bandages and appliances used for face and jaw wounds.
- Ref: Jas. Edward Aiguier, “Improved Method of Casting Splints and Use of Headgear in Treating Fractured Jaws,” The Dental Cosmos 60 (1918): 602-610.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- dental device
- S. S. White Dental Manufacturing Company
- overall: 2 1/4 in x 5 3/4 in x 5 3/4 in; 5.715 cm x 14.605 cm x 14.605 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Dr. James E. Aiguier
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.