- Patent model for Charles Henry Land, “Artificial Tooth,” U.S. Patent 271,476 (Jan. 30, 1883).
- Charles Henry Land (1847-1922) was a Detroit dentist who promoted the use of porcelain teeth and gold crowns. He was also a grandfather of the aviator Charles Lindbergh.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- artificial tooth, patent model
- dental demonstration device
- Other Terms
- Land, Charles Henry
- overall: 3/8 in x 3/4 in x 3/8 in;.9525 cm x 1.905 cm x.9525 cm
- ID Number
- patent number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.