- Raised, shallow, circular skimmer attached by two rivets to a downturned handle, square in section, flattened and faceted on front along its upper half and ending in a counterclockwise loop; both rivets flat on front and domed on back. Bowl is perforated with small holes arranged into four concentric circles around one hole at center. No marks. From a four-piece set of cooking utensils (skimmer, two ladles and hanging rack), 1986.3175.1A-D.
- Maker is Kurt P. Strehl (1926-2008), Orpheus Coppersmith, of Agawam, MA.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, Agawam
- Physical Description
- copper (bowl; rivets material)
- iron, wrought (handle material)
- overall: 2 in x 15 1/2 in x 4 7/8 in; 5.08 cm x 39.37 cm x 12.3825 cm
- ID Number
- nonaccession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Kurt P. Strehl
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.