- Ladle with raised circular bowl attached by two rivets to a slender, D-section handle flattened and shaped at its upper end with circular hanger; both rivets flat on front and domed on back. Back of upper portion of handle struck incuse with circular mark for "ORPHEUS (arched) / COPPERSMITH (curved)" bordering "HAND / MADE / U.S.A.". From a four-piece set of cooking utensils (skimmer, two ladles and hanging rack), 1986.3175.1A-D.
- Maker is Kurt P. Strehl (1926-2008), Orpheus Coppersmith, of Agawam, MA.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, Agawam
- Physical Description
- copper (skimmerbowl; rivets material)
- brass (handle material)
- overall: 2 5/8 in x 14 in x 4 1/4 in; 6.6675 cm x 35.56 cm x 10.795 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- nonaccession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Kurt P. Strehl
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.