- Fabric toaster cover. Single-weave fabric, cotton, printed with abstracted floral print, green background with greens, white, off-white, pinks, brown, and gray, yellow flat piping around top and bottom seams, gathered at top. No label, probably homemade. One small hole in side, small discoloration in two areas.
- See 1988.0227.1A, Toast-O-Lator Toaster
- Possible patent for toaster (currently on exhibit): US 2188309 A, January 30, 1940, William A. Pentecost, assignor to Toast-O-Lator, Inc., New York, New York, for "Toaster"
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- cover, toaster
- date made
- place made
- United States
- United States: New York, New York
- Physical Description
- fabric (overall material)
- cotton (overall material)
- overall: 14 7/8 in x 11 in; 37.7825 cm x 27.94 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Home and Community Life: Domestic Life
- Domestic Furnishings
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.