- Bracket-handled, cylindrical metric measure with molded rim and base, hooked rectangular thumb piece, and flat extension burnt to the rimless domed lid; five-knuckle hinge. Face of handle stamped "LITRE" sideways in incuse serif letters; wedge extension, front edge of lid, neck, and top of inside rim are covered with verification marks, including small raised serif letters, larger serif letters in circles, and fleurs-de-lis; top and bottom of front edge lid have larger circular verification stamps. Flat bottom struck once with arched rectangular touchmark of "BOURDILLON. / A ANGERS". One of an assembled set of five metric measures, DL*67.0321-.0325.
- Maker is Bourdillon, Angers, France.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- France: Pays de la Loire, Angers
- overall: 8 3/4 in x 5 3/8 in x 4 1/4 in; 22.225 cm x 13.6525 cm x 10.795 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Constance Dwan Wylie (Walker Gill Wylie Collection)
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.