- Circular, round-bottom skillet on three, stubby, semicircular feet with an inset rim for a cover and an integral, short, horizontal and straight, D-section handle with rounded end. Hollow cast with single gate mark on bottom exterior. No additional marks.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- 1840 - 1860
- place made
- United States
- place used
- United States: New York, Newburgh
- Physical Description
- iron, cast (overall material)
- overall: 3 1/8 in x 17 1/8 in x 11 1/4 in; 7.9375 cm x 43.4975 cm x 28.575 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Daniel Gardner
- See more items in
- Home and Community Life: Domestic Life
- Domestic Furnishings
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.