- Gold washed, ovoid creamer on four, double-banded, splayed legs ending in pad feet. Four repousse chased panels filled with a myriad of flowers and foliage cover body. Hollow, angular handle with ball thumbrest has banded, tapered ends with a faceted upper socket and bracketed lower socket with rosette. Cupped band on flared rim continues over the inset, curved spout with beaded lip. Bottom underside struck incuse "MF'D & PLATED BY / REED & BARTON", "2795", "DESIGN / PAT.JULY.25.1876." and "GILT". From a six-piece coffee and tea service, 1978.0922.01-.06.
- Maker is Reed & Barton, Taunton, MA; 1840-present. William C. Beattie of Taunton, MA, assignor to Reed & Barton, received US Design No. 9,405 for this pattern on July 25, 1876.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- 1876 or later
- design patent date
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, Taunton
- Physical Description
- silver plate (overall material)
- gold (wash material)
- overall: 6 3/8 in x 6 1/8 in x 4 1/8 in; 16.1925 cm x 15.5575 cm x 10.4775 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.