- Gooseneck andiron with polyhedron finial and faceted rectangular shaft flared at shoulders on square, arched legs with tab feet. "(R. R.?) WILDER" is stamped incuse in serif letters sideways on both facets near top. Upright is tenoned through the legs. Billet bar tenoned through plinth of upright. One of a pair, 1982.0090.92A-B.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Object Type
- date made
- 1780 - 1830
- place made
- United States
- Physical Description
- iron, wrought (overall material)
- overall: 13 1/8 in x 9 in x 14 in; 33.3375 cm x 22.86 cm x 35.56 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Estate of John Paul Remensnyder
- See more items in
- Home and Community Life: Domestic Life
- Domestic Furnishings
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.