- Pair of hinges, probably for a chest lid. Has butterfly butt with four nail holes and tapering strap section with round terminal and four holes. Unknown maker, 18th c. No mark.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Date made
- 1700- 1799
- Physical Description
- metal, iron (overall material)
- overall: 5/8 in x 7 5/8 in x 2 1/4 in; 1.5875 cm x 19.3675 cm x 5.715 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Dr. and Mrs. Arthur M. Greenwood
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.