- This is a steel instrument with black plastic fittings and black leather on the barrels. The left eye plate is marked “CARL / ZEISS/ 8 x 30.” The objective lenses are 30 mm diameter. The eyepieces are separately adjustable as is the inter-ocular distance. The barrel on the right has been bisected to show the internal structure.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1963
- place made
- Germany: Thuringia, Jena
- overall: 1 3/4 in x 6 in x 3 3/4 in; 4.445 cm x 15.24 cm x 9.525 cm
- overall: 2 in x 6 5/8 in x 3 3/4 in; 5.08 cm x 16.8275 cm x 9.525 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Carl Zeiss, Inc.
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Science & Mathematics
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.