- “HEMISPHAERIUM COELI BOREALE in quo Fixarum loca secundum Ecliptic ductum ad annum 1730 completum exhibentur.” This chart of the northern celestial hemisphere based on the catalog of Johannes Hevelius was published as chart #18 in J. B. Homann, Atlas Coelestis (Nurnberg, 1742). The images in the corners represent the observatories of Tycho Brahe on Hven, in Paris, of Johannes Hevelius in Danzig, and of Georg Christoph Einmart in Nurnberg.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- overall: 21 in x 24 in; 53.34 cm x 60.96 cm
- overall: 28 in x 36 in x 1/4 in; 71.12 cm x 91.44 cm x.635 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.