- Conical glass lens on a brass base designed to fit on an optical bench. The "Wm. Grunow, New York" inscription refers to WIlliam Grunow (b. 1830), a German-American optical instrument maker.
- Ref: D.J. Warner, "Julius and William Grunow," Rittenhouse 3 (1989): 41-48.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- optical apparatus
- date made
- Grunow, William
- place made
- United States: New York, New York City
- overall: 15 3/4 in; 40.005 cm
- overall: 16 1/4 in x 7 in x 3 1/2 in; 41.275 cm x 17.78 cm x 8.89 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- U.S. Military Academy
- Science & Scientific Instruments
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.