- Mechanical lantern slide in a rectangular wooden frame. A paper label reads “No. 9. This Diagram shews the various Eclipses of the Sun, with the transit of Venus.” In 1848, this retailed for $4.00.
- Ref: Benjamin Pike, Jr., Pike’s Illustrated Descriptive Catalogue of Optical, Mathematical, and Philosophical Instruments (New York, 1848), vol. 2, p. 219.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Lantern Slide
- overall: 9 1/2 in x 4 in x 3/4 in; 24.13 cm x 10.16 cm x 1.905 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.