- This pocket compass, probably made during World War I, belonged to the structural engineer, Llewellyn N. Edwards (1874-1952). One inscription reads "PLAN LTD NEUCHATEL SWITZERLAND 94634." Another reads "U.S. ENGINEER CORPS."
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- pocket compass
- overall: 3/4 in x 2 1/4 in x 3 3/8 in; 1.905 cm x 5.715 cm x 8.5725 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Estate of Carolyn H. Edwards
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.