- Gooseneck andiron with ball finial and rectangular shaft shaped at its concave shoulders and split at bottom into square, arched legs with tab feet. Billet bar tenoned through base of upright. No marks. Traces of black paint. Upright and billet bar appear to have been broken and repaired in several places. One of a mismatched pair, 2014.0004.175A-B.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United States: New England
- Physical Description
- iron, wrought (overall material)
- overall: 17 1/2 in x 14 in x 10 3/8 in; 44.45 cm x 35.56 cm x 26.3525 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.