- This 30 ml glass bottle contains a synthetic dye known as Orange B. The "Wm. Pickhardt & Kuttroff, New York" inscription refers to a dyestuff firm that was established in 1861, and that became the Continental Color and Chemical Co. in 1906.
- This sample was probably part of the Loeb Collection of Chemical Types, a collection that was formed under the bequest of Morris Loeb (1863-1912), a Jewish-American chemist and philanthropist, and sent to the Smithsonian in 1920.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Orange B.
- Physical Description
- glass (container material)
- orange b. (contents material)
- overall: 84 mm x 37 mm; 3 5/16 in x 1 7/16 in
- without stopper: 70 mm; 2 3/4 in
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.