- Match safes were designed to hold friction matches. This one, made of metal covered with celluloid, advertises the L. Lamb Lumber Co. in Minneapolis, Minn.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- match safe
- Associated Place
- United States: Minnesota, Minneapolis
- overall: 2 3/4 in x 1 1/2 in x 3/8 in; 6.985 cm x 3.81 cm x.9525 cm
- overall: 2 3/4 in x 1 1/2 in x 7/16 in; 6.985 cm x 3.81 cm x 1.11125 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- collector/donor number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.