- This glass model of a fire engine force pump came from the Paul Laurence Dunbar High School, a Washington, D.C. school that was established in 1870 as the Preparatory High School for Colored Youth. It may date from 1916 when the school moved into a large new building.
- Ref: L. E. Knott Apparatus Co., Harcourt Equipment for Physics (Cambridge, Mass., 1928), p. 74.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- force pump
- overall: 9 1/4 in x 7 1/4 in x 2 1/2 in; 23.495 cm x 18.415 cm x 6.35 cm
- overall: 9 1/2 in x 7 1/4 in x 2 5/8 in; 24.13 cm x 18.415 cm x 6.6675 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.