- This glass model of a lift pump came from the Paul Laurence Dunbar High School, a Washington, D.C. school that was established in 1870 as the Preparatory High School for Colored Youth. It may date from 1916 when the school moved into a large new building.
- Ref: L. E. Knott Apparatus Co., Harcourt Equipment for Physics (Cambridge, Mass., 1928), p. 75.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Lift Pump
- overall: 16 in x 1 in; 40.64 cm x 2.54 cm
- overall; lift pump: 17 1/4 in x 3 1/2 in x 1 in; 43.815 cm x 8.89 cm x 2.54 cm
- overall; handle: 8 3/4 in x 1 3/8 in x 7/8 in; 22.225 cm x 3.4925 cm x 2.2225 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.