- This tin instrument with four glass tubes shows that columns of a liquid exert pressure independently of one another.
- Ref: Deleuil, Catalogue des Instruments de Physique, de Chimie, d’Optique, et de Mathematiques (Paris, 1865), p. 156.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- hydrostatic apparatus
- overall: 22 1/4 in x 6 in; 56.515 cm x 15.24 cm
- overall: 22 in x 6 5/8 in x 6 1/8 in; 55.88 cm x 16.8275 cm x 15.5575 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.