- Glass hydrometer with mercury ballast, and paper label marked “Actinometer for silver solution” and “Tp. 60 degrees F.” An actinometer measures the intensity of radiation. In this form, designed for photographic use, the scale indicates the number of grains of silver nitrate to ounce of water at a particular light level.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- overall: 5 1/2 in; 13.97 cm
- overall: 5 3/8 in x 5/8 in; 13.6525 cm x 1.5875 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.