- Glass hydrometer with shot ballast; the paper scale reads from 0 to 10, and is marked “R B W G” and “Gally, London.” Peter and Paul Gally were Italian craftsmen in England who made barometers, thermometers, and hydrometers, in the mid-nineteenth century.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- overall: 9 1/4 in; 23.495 cm
- overall: 9 3/8 in x 1 1/2 in; 23.8125 cm x 3.81 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.