- Cold cathode glass x-ray tube with unusual three electrode design to auto regulate the gas. An etched inscription reads "Frank Betz Co. / Chicago, Germany / No. 2819 / Patent Appl. For."
- Frank S. Betz (1861-1940) began in business in Chicago in 1895, making and selling a wide range of medical equipment and supplies.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- tube, x-ray
- Frank S. Betz Company
- overall: 5 1/2 in x 9 in x 14 in; 13.97 cm x 22.86 cm x 35.56 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of the American College of Radiology
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.