This cornet case was made by Emil K. Blessing in Elkhart, Indiana, 1915-1925. It is made of wood and fiberboard, covered with brown-stained leather, metal fittings, leather-covered handle, and red plush interior. There is a metal “Blessing” badge on the top of the case.
Accessioned with Blessing cornet (1990.0290.01). The cornet, with case, was previously owned and used by the donors’ father, Francis Morton Messick (1908-1969).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- case with accessories
- date made
- Blessing, Emil K.
- place made
- United States: Indiana, Elkhart
- Physical Description
- wood (overall material)
- fiberboard (overall material)
- metal (overall material)
- fabric (overall material)
- overall: 5 3/4 in x 17 3/4 in x 11 3/8 in; 14.605 cm x 45.085 cm x 28.8925 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of James Robert Messick and Frederick M. Messick
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.