- Jay Heidbrink (1875-1957) was a Minneapolis dentist with several patents pertaining to dentistry and anesthesiology. This anesthesia machine, s/n 4146, was based on his patent of May 14, 1918, and manufactured by the Heidbrink Co. of Minneapolis.
- Ref: Jay A, Heidbrink, “Apparatus for Delivering a Mixture of Gases,” U.S. Patent 1,265,910 (May 14, 1918).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- anesthesia apparatus, gas oxygen
- anesthesia machine
- Heidbrink Company
- overall: 34 in x 17 1/2 in x 17 1/2 in; 86.36 cm x 44.45 cm x 44.45 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- W. Harry Archer, D.D.S.
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.