- This incomplete brass surveying instrument consists of a graduate circle on a trileg base, and sighting telescope. The inscriptions read “J. R. KLEMAN & ZOON / Amsterdam” and “No. 20.” Jan Martin Kleman (1758-1845) was a mathematical instrument maker in Amsterdam who took his son into partnership in 1808.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- J. M. Kleman & Zoon
- place made
- Netherlands: North Holland, Amsterdam
- overall: 4 3/4 in x 13 1/4 in x 8 1/2 in; 12.065 cm x 33.655 cm x 21.59 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.