- The “K & E CO / 6481-6 / UMFS” inscription on this brass plumb bob refers to the Keuffel & Esser Co. (the manufacturer) and the University of Montana Forestry School (the user). Keuffel & Esser termed this a “Fine Brass plumb bob, with hardened steel point, screw cap.”
- Ref: Keuffel & Esser, Catalogue of Drawing Materials, Surveying Instruments, Measuring Tapes (New York, 1921), p. 406.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- plumb bob
- Keuffel & Esser Co.
- overall: 4 in x 1 in; 10.16 cm x 2.54 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.