- The “THE EMERSON ELECTRIC MFG. CO. NEW YORK... ST. LOUIS” inscription on the motor of this apparatus refers to a firm that was founded in St. Louis in 1890, and later moved to Massachusetts.
- Ref: “A Calorimeter Equipped with a Jacket,” The Engineering Magazine 50 (1916): v.
- Emerson Apparatus Co., Emerson Fuel Calorimeters (Melrose, Ma., 1909).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- overall: 15 1/4 in x 15 7/8 in x 24 1/4 in; 38.735 cm x 40.3225 cm x 61.595 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.