- Otto Stern (1888-1969) was a Jewish physicist from Germany who became a professor at the Carnegie Institute in Pittsburg and won a Nobel Prize. Immanuel Estermann (1800-) was a Jewish physicist who worked with Stern in Hamburg and followed him to the United States. Working together, Stern and Estermann conducted molecular beam experiments. This velocity selector is part of their experimental apparatus.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- velocity selector
- overall: 3 1/2 in x 4 15/16 in x 3 1/2 in; 8.89 cm x 12.54125 cm x 8.89 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Carnegie Institute of Technology
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.