- Walther Mathias Hempel (1851-1916) was a German chemist who designed apparatus for technical gas analysis that was widely used throughout the world. This wooden bench is copied from an original in the Deutsches Museum in Munich.
- Ref: Walter M. Hempel, New Methods for the Analysis of Gases (1880).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- bench (replica)
- Associated Place
- United States: New Jersey
- overall: 18 3/4 in x 21 in x 5 in; 47.625 cm x 53.34 cm x 12.7 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.