- This small brass draw-tube telescope has 7 sections. The "C. Duhamel / Optician / New Orleans" engraved on the smallest section refers to Clement Duhamel (1817-1871), an immigrant from France who opened a shop in New Orleans. Newspaper ads indicated that the Duhamel business was still going in 1880.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- telescope (spyglass)
- place made
- United States: Louisiana, New Orleans
- overall: 4 7/8 in x 1 3/8 in; 12.3825 cm x 3.4925 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.