- This engraving depicts a variety of crystallizations including those from such sources as the fixed salt of Carduus-benedictus, the salt of wormwood, alum, nitre, blue vitriol, the marine salts of plants, the essential salts of plants, and crystals of silver dissolved in aquafortis.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- overall: 14 1/2 in x 9 in; 36.83 cm x 22.86 cm
- overall in mat: 19 5/8 in x 13 3/4 in; 49.8475 cm x 34.925 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Science & Scientific Instruments
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.