- Condensing tubes are used to cool and liquify vapors. The form did not originate with the German chemist, Justus von Liebig, but was often associated with him. The "A. H. T. Co. Phila, U.S.A. - Made in Germany" inscription indicates that this example was sold by the Arthur H. Thomas Co. in Philadelphia.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Condensing Tube
- overall: 20 in; 50.8 cm
- overall; approximate: 21 in x 14 1/4 in x 2 in; 53.34 cm x 36.195 cm x 5.08 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of University of Pennsylvania Chemistry Lab
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.