- The U.S. Weather Bureau transferred this aneroid barograph to the Smithsonian in 1960. The case is metal and glass. The inscription on an ivory tag reads “SHORT & MASON / LONDON / ‘Tycos’.” The firm of Short & Mason was formed in London in 1875, and acquired by Taylor Instrument Companies of Rochester ca. 1900.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Short & Mason
- place made
- United Kingdom: England, London
- overall: 6 7/8 in x 14 in x 8 in; 17.4625 cm x 35.56 cm x 20.32 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.