- Wooden box with hinged lid from the shop of Henry Fitz (1808-1863), America’s first successful commercial telescope maker.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- wooden box
- overall: 8 1/2 in x 13 3/4 in x 8 1/2 in; 21.59 cm x 34.925 cm x 21.59 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Willard H. Howell
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Physical Sciences
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.