- Glass and metal hypodermic syringe with a “BIMCo” inscription on the side, and a “BOSTON INST. MFG. CO.” inscription on the plunger. The firm received a patent for a dental syringe in 1925.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- syringe, hypodermic
- public health
- City of New York Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Physical Description
- glass (overall material)
- metal, steel (overall material)
- overall: 8.5 cm; 3 11/32 in
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of the City of New York Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Medicine
- Health & Medicine
- The Antibody Initiative
- Antibody Initiative: New York City Public Health Collections
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.