- Description (Brief)
- One (1) modified 20 pound note featuring Rosalind Franklin (1920-1958)
- United Kingdom, ca 2014
- Obverse Image: Portrait of Queen Elizabeth.
- Obverse Text: 20 / BANK OF ENGLAND / I PROMISE TO PAY THE BEARER ON DEMAND THE SUM OF TWENTY POUNDS / LONDON / FOR TO GOVERNOR AND COMPANY OF THE BANK OF ENGLAND / CHRIS SALMON / CHIEF CASHIER / THE GOVERNOR AND COMPANY OF THE BANK OF ENGLAND 2006 / TWENTY POUNDS
- Reverse Image: Stamped image of Rosalind Franklin over the portrait of Adam Smith.
- Reverse Text: BANK OF ENGLAND / TWENTY POUNDS / 20 / ROSALIND FRANKLIN 1920-1958 / HK05654748 / THE DIVISION OF LABOUR IN PIN MANUFACTURING: (AND THE GREAT INCREASE IN THE QUANTITY OF WORK THAT RESULTS) / THE GOVERNOR AND COMPANY OF THE BANK OF ENGLAND 2006
- General Information: This note is part of the "Notable Women Series" by Paula Stevens-Hoare.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- modified note
- date made
- ca 2014
- place made
- United Kingdom
- Physical Description
- paper, ink (overall material)
- overall: 8.05 cm x 14.9 cm x.01 cm; 3 5/32 in x 5 7/8 in x in
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- serial number
- See more items in
- Work and Industry: National Numismatic Collection
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.