- This label was on a pallet of diapers at the Greater DC Diaper Bank’s Dulles Airport distribution point for diapers and other products during the federal government shutdown of 2019. Established in 2010, the GDCDB provides diapers to social service organizations helping families in need in the greater Washington, DC, region. Typically, it does not serve families directly. In early 2019, the Diaper Bank worked in collaboration with World Central Kitchen and other organizations to assist people who were without pay due to the government shutdown. The GDCDB had distribution points at the World Central Kitchen site in Penn Quarter, Washington, DC, and at Dulles Airport where people could get diapers, incontinence products, and more.
- The label lists the supply of diapers by size.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United States: District of Columbia, Washington
- Associated Place
- Physical Description
- paper; tape; plastic (overall material)
- overall: 50 cm x 52 cm; 19 11/16 in x 20 15/32 in
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Greater DC Diaper Bank
- See more items in
- Work and Industry: Philanthropy
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.